11.02.2012

friday five


once upon a time, I used to write down [and sometimes blog] five things every friday that I was thankful for that week. reasons to be happy about life, people who fill my love-cup, things that inspire me, or just moments from the week that made me smile. I think it’s a good way to remember the small things in life that make it good, and to be grateful for what I have. I've been feeling kinda funky lately [bad funk, not good funk] and I think that practicing a little gratitude may help.

so, I'm bringing back the friday five. feel free to join me and post your list or a link in the comments below.

1. this incredible short documentary starring one of my favorite photographers, Andria Lindquist. I love her work. and as a person she is incredible + inspirational + just plain awesome.
2. creating my own fonts. see that ^ up there? I wrote that. with my finger.
3. starting another attempt at the photo a day project.  mostly just for fun. you can follow along on instagram if you like, my name is @jamiethewalker
4. weather that's cool enough for open windows + snuggling in sweatshirts [even if it only lasted 2 days... back to 83F currently!]
5. this book. some of it was a bit cheesy, but I like the concepts of self-compassion, accepting imperfection, and "let go of who you think you're supposed to be and embrace who you are". things to aspire to.

happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...